Help Overclocking MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello,
So I have the MacBook Pro 5,5 from June 2009 & I was really wanting to play the Call of Duty Series on my Computer but, after checking multiple sources, my 2.26 GHz is just not gonna cut it as the requirement to play smoothly with no lag was 2.4Ghz or better. Multiple people were mentioning that there computer with 2.27 was lagging while playing. After searching around for a more simple fix to overclock I found a program that would allow me to easily overclock it, Only to find out that my Mac was not compatible. After some more researching I found out that most people were deeming it impossible to overclock the 5,5 MacBook Pro & other sources said that it was possible but, would be pointless as it would cause my Mac to have heat problems.
So really I just want to get a finale opinion on this as sometimes Google isn't the most reliable source so really a Yes with a explanation on how to solve my problem or a simple No. This is really long so sorry about & if there is anything I need to clear up then just ask. I am only 14 and if there is a fix that is more complicated then do tell. I am very capable at doing whatever I set my mind to.
-Brendan

C

chas_m

That machine is worth well over $1,000.

You're willing to risk this just to play a game? Who paid for that machine and are they okay with your plan?

Bottom line: it's not going to work and will cause all kinds of problems, even if possible (and hint: can't be done in software). Might destroy the machine. Not worth the risk even if possible. My 2 cents.

OP
I
Reaction score
That machine is worth well over $1,000.

You're willing to risk this just to play a game? Who paid for that machine and are they okay with your plan?

Bottom line: it's not going to work and will cause all kinds of problems, even if possible (and hint: can't be done in software). Might destroy the machine. Not worth the risk even if possible. My 2 cents.

This is exactly what I was asking for. I just wanted another persons opinion. Thxs :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.