ITunes Library over Media Center PC

Reaction score
I am currently having a problem trying to sync my iTunes library on my new 27" IMac 11,3. Here is my setup and what i would ultimately like to accomplish:

I have a Windows 7 media center attached to my D link wireless N Dual band router. It houses 4TB's of HDD space that has folders named: Media, Music, Books, etc. Itunes (current version as of today with a fresh install and nothing loaded to the library) is up and running on the PC. Before the fresh install of ITunes the library was located on C:Users/username/music/iTunes. The library had all my books, music, and movies. I deleted it to start fresh because i could not figure out how to sync it with my new IMac.

Back to the setup: Media Center houses all the Media as described above. I have a 27" IMac down the hall with ITunes ready. It is hooked up wireless to the dual band router 5g speed. I have another PC in the same room as the IMac running wireless N to the router. It also is running iTunes. My IPad, and two iPhone 4's connect to the media center for updates and to upload/download all the media from the iTunes on the media center PC.

What I would like to accomplish: I would like to keep all my media on the media center PC. I would like both the 27" IMac and the desktop/workstation to access the iTunes library on the media center PC without transferring all the media to the two PC's. Then I would like to attach my iPhone and iPad to the IMac to sync rather than going into the closet where the Media Center is and syncing from there.

I have tried to go into the IMac into ITunes and CHOOSE LIBRARY from the start up of ITunes. I can search for the ITunes Library but I then get an error "The ITunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (13008)." I have tried sharing the folders on the media center PC and all the files containing the iTunes folder with no luck. On the other windows 7 workstation it found the library and the movies and music show up but when you play a file it says that the file could not be located and asks me to locate/browse for it.

I have also set up home share but it seems to not categorize very well and I like the idea of having a central library with other PCS connected to sync.

I am stuck, however I have searched for two days and have not had much luck. Please let me know your thoughts as I am new to Mac and would love to stay on the OS but these little details are beginning to get annoying and Win 7 for mac is looking a bit more promising. On that note I am enjoying learning the OS but again I need to find functionality here. Thanks ahead of time for viewing this and conjuring up

Mardimus

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.