Mac Book Pro HDMI out:

Reaction score
I wanted to by a Mac Book pro 13 inch, and good HDMI out is very important to me. I connected my friends Mac Book pro to a TV via a HDMI and it only showed picture and not sounds. Is this just his mac book pro or all Mac Book pros are like that, not transferring any sound via HDMI out?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Early model MBP had video only out the Display Port the late models include audio video and you either need an adapter or HDMI to Display Port cable no such thing as
an HDMI out on any MBP. Early models also had mini DVI port they have always been
video only on any product hence the term Digital Video Interface.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
2010 was when audio over the MDP was added. Anything current works quite well.

Actually, aint a thing 'mini' about the DVI port on my 08 MBP ;)

OP
M
Reaction score
Hdmi

i know about the mini DVI and i have a HDMI adapter for my iMac, but i wasn't sure if new mac book pros are added sounds, so thanks.

Reaction score
HDMI includes video and audio. So it's the Mac that isn't producing audio from the TV.

What year is your friend's Macbook Pro? (if you're not sure, what year did he buy the mac)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.