Windows Partition Won't Boot

Reaction score
I know there has been tons of questions of this before, but i think this situation may be different. [bold sections are the main ideas]

I had trouble booting from Windows DVD with my MacBook Pro, I can't determined when this started, but i called Apple Care and wen't to the Apple store, and they couldn't do anything.

I got my Optical Drive replaced twice and after the second replacement the DVD FINALLY booted. Neither Apple or myself think the problem has anything to do with the Optical Drive, but it was all they could do, and it did work after all. Yet, it booted the CD, and then Booted to the Partition... i shut it down.

but for some reason or other, i can't boot from the partition now.

My MacBook Pro (Late 2008)
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I replaced the hard drive it came with (Hitachi 300 GB 5400 rpm) to a WD 500 GB 7200 rpm. I used the old hard drive to see if maybe the hard drive had something to do with it and i had the same problem.

I've tried everything. I can't count how many times I've formatted and reinstalled MAC OSX and then tried to use Boot Camp.

Just for information: When i installed Windows, booted windows partition and then shut down, I went straight to using the MAC OSX CD to restore from Time Machine back-up. Could there be something in my old files that's not letting Windows partition Boot?

If you need any more information let me know. NO ONE in Apple, not even the senior advisors on Apple Care knew what was going on. The LAST LAST solution would be getting a new Mac Book Pro... and in these economic times, that's not an option.

My MAIN problem is this:
1. i can't boot from windows dvd, it's only worked about 3 times.... out of the dozens i've tried.
2. i can't boot the newly made windows partition....
3..... Apple needs new senior advisors who have dealt with this problem... so i won't go crazy trying to figure it out myself.

Final Words: I don't NEED windows, nor is it absolutely necessary, since windows isn't worth the trouble. However, it shouldn't be this hard... i'm bored, and i wan't it now. so please help. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.