• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple set to release Lion, new MacBook Airs as soon as Wednesday

Reaction score
Apple set to release Lion, new MacBook Airs as soon as Wednesday

Apple as early as Wednesday will launch two highly anticipated products: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and new Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Airs, AppleInsider has learned.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's coming out this month. Says so right on Apples page. Just be patient.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Reaction score
I agree with one of the above comments.... Theres always many different rumoured release dates when apple is set to launch something... Might be wednesday... Might be next wednesday.. Who knows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
The sad thing, I might not be able to upgrade to Lion when it comes out even though I get it for free :-(

It will break my Matlab, and that is a big deal for me. Hopefully Mathworks can sort their crap out soon.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2011 17 sandybridge
do you reckon the mac pro's will get the refresh this week?? Iv been holding off, i'm in no rush but there is a very big space where it will sit! I normally don't worry about the 'newest' but its such a large purchase i kinda want to get it right!!

Reaction score
do you reckon the mac pro's will get the refresh this week?? Iv been holding off, i'm in no rush but there is a very big space where it will sit! I normally don't worry about the 'newest' but its such a large purchase i kinda want to get it right!!

I've not heard anything about new Mac Pros but who knows until Apple unveil everything. Most rumours point to Mac OS X Lion, new MacBook Airs and a new LED Cinema Display. I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt though until I see the items on the Apple website.

Wednesday sounds like it's possible but so did last week. As most people say, it's out when it's out. If they're holding it back to fix some final bugs then I'd rather it be that way. If they're holding it back to try and ensure release on the Mac App Store goes as well as possible then, again, I'd rather it be that way. I'm looking forward to putting it on my MacBook Pro as much as the next person but a week or two at this stage doesn't make much difference :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2011 17 sandybridge
I agree, thats why we love the stuff so much ... as generally its always worth the wait and generally adopted with ease! Hope the pro's get a refresh to tho!!

Reaction score
I've just read this on 9to5mac. It looks tomorrow might be possible. Who knows... :)

Reaction score
It's going to come out within 2 weeks. We all know it. As soon as it does come out, we'll all know it.

These topics of speculation and pointless guessing are getting old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
It's going to come out within 2 weeks. We all know it. As soon as it does come out, we'll all know it.

These topics of speculation and pointless guessing are getting old.

You don't have to read the threads that discuss possible release dates and upcoming product announcements. Just ignore the threads if they bother you so much.

And as just mentioned, Lion will be released in the Mac App Store tomorrow (Wed. July 20th), not "within 2 weeks". Confirmed by Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer during today's earnings call. SOURCE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.