Please Help - Mac Not Booting Up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13inch 2Ghz Dual Core
I have a macbook pro, 13.3 running Snow Leopard,
I was playing around with my sharing and permission rights on my hard drive on my mac, after rebooting the lap top the screen is stuck on with the apple logo and the circle is just spinning.

I tried booting up in safe mode, nothing
I tried Resetting the PRAM, nothing

I do not have the original install disks for the laptop.

Please help, I have really important files that I cant lose, is there anyway I can recover the files or the OS, just so it boots up then I can move those files and then try re-installing the OS

TX
Rudy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have a macbook pro, 13.3 running Snow Leopard,
I was playing around with my sharing and permission rights on my hard drive on my mac, after rebooting the lap top the screen is stuck on with the apple logo and the circle is just spinning.

I tried booting up in safe mode, nothing
I tried Resetting the PRAM, nothing

I do not have the original install disks for the laptop.

Please help, I have really important files that I cant lose, is there anyway I can recover the files or the OS, just so it boots up then I can move those files and then try re-installing the OS

Boot from your installation disc and repair permissions from there. Also while you are in it, run verify/repair disk.
Mac OS X - Using Disk Utility to Repair a Disk

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13inch 2Ghz Dual Core
Thanks Guys for all the help.....

Just to let u guys know, I inserted a Snow Leopard disk and run the disk utility program, and fixed the disk permissions.

Every thing is exactly how it was & working 100%

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.