Hmmm so my ibook died today....?

R

rgivans

I was loading some pictures on my ibook (has osx jaguar). And all of a sudden the screen turns dark and I get an error message that tells me I need to restart. So I did and now when I restart it pops up a login screen (this never happened before). And when i try and login with my name it just sits there and the rainbow wheels spins forever.

So I did the CMD + V and I get something in there that says "Missing thread record" and a bunch of IDs. And a few others that say cannot execute binary file. I dont know much about macs but that seems bad.

Im at a loss. But Im guessing something got ruined when that error came up. :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Sounds like you experienced the dreaded kernel panic.
What you will want to do first, is boot from your install/restore CD and run a disk repair. After you have run the repair, and you can start normally again, do a permissions repair.

Now, what were you trying to copy the photos from?
Was this an external HD, thumb drive, CD...etc?
It could be that there is a problem with whatever media you were trying to copy from. Yet, without more information that is merely a first guess as to what the problem could have been.

OP
R

rgivans

D3v1L80Y said:
Sounds like you experienced the dreaded kernel panic.
What you will want to do first, is boot from your install/restore CD and run a disk repair. After you have run the repair, and you can start normally again, do a permissions repair.

Now, what were you trying to copy the photos from?
Was this an external HD, thumb drive, CD...etc?
It could be that there is a problem with whatever media you were trying to copy from. Yet, without more information that is merely a first guess as to what the problem could have been.

It was a flash drive via USB. They were just a few jpgs i was loading. Nothing too big or crazy. Ok well thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.