Buying a PB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
I am currently on my travels and are thinking of buying a PB 12" SD before I return home. I have the following standard prices from Apple in the countries that I am visiting and the UK price, which is where I live:

UK = £1199.01
Australia = AU$2749.00 (£1170.50 using dashboard converter)
US = US$1699 (£955.00 using dashboard converter)

If I purchase in Australia, I can claim 1/11th of the purchase price back due to tax free shopping - This would equate to approx a £125 rebate.

Obviously, this is still more expensive than the US version but I am not sure about any rebates available in the US or any import duties that I may have to pay when I enter the UK. Can anybody give advice?

Thanks

T

thomasr

Just this week, late September, the J&R ad in the NYTimes had a 12" PB with superdrive for 1699 $US. You can check them online to see if they shipt to UK and what duties would be.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
thomasr said:
Just this week, late September, the J&R ad in the NYTimes had a 12" PB with superdrive for 1699 $US. You can check them online to see if they shipt to UK and what duties would be.

Do you have a website url as I am not sure who J&R are?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.