New to iPhoto - problem with cropping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Hello,

I cropped an image in my iPhoto library. When I display all the pictures in the event containing that image, its thumbnail is OK (ie. the image is cropped). When I double click the thumbnail, it shows the original, ie. the image is not cropped.

Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
Have you clicked "Done" once the crop is complete, ie finished the editing process, then double tap the image it should retain the cropping and rejoin the thumbnails.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Yes, I clicked "done".

I solved the problem by reverting the image to original and doing the cropping again. It now works OK.

However, I stumbled upon a new problem - after I edit a picture, click Events and choose the event with that picture, iPhoto shows the event as empty, containing zero pictures!

EDIT: iPhoto also shows an event as empty if the pictures of that event were displayed when closing iPhoto.

C

chas_m

Not sure what's going on there, but a good start would be a complete backup followed by a run with Disk Utility for repairing permissions. Next, I'd hold the shift-command-option keys down when launching iPhoto and tick every box in the resulting dialog.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.