My iphone 4 passcode wont work and keeps locking me out repeatedly..help?

Reaction score
Lately my iphone has been locking me out. I set the password then when I enter it, the 4 digits are not accepted. I've restored my iphone many times and even gotten a new one. Has anyone experienced this? And if so, how was it fixed?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Lately my iphone has been locking me out. I set the password then when I enter it, the 4 digits are not accepted. I've restored my iphone many times and even gotten a new one. Has anyone experienced this? And if so, how was it fixed?

Does it ever accept the passcode? If not, then either you have forgotten what it is, or there is a problem with your installation. In either event, you need to restore is as a new device. Do NOT restore from backup. This will virginize your installation, and in the process you will lose any app data on the phone, like game high scores, databases, etc. You may be able to manually save some of that in advance using iPhone Explorer:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/239500-transfer-content-app-ipod-iphone.html#post1243020

OP
D
Reaction score
Does it ever accept the passcode? If not, then either you have forgotten what it is, or there is a problem with your installation. In either event, you need to restore is as a new device. Do NOT restore from backup. This will virginize your installation, and in the process you will lose any app data on the phone, like game high scores, databases, etc. You may be able to manually save some of that in advance using iPhone Explorer:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/239500-transfer-content-app-ipod-iphone.html#post1243020

It does accept the password but then after a day, it will lock me out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.