Please Help me i think my mac has a virus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The second last Apple Hardware Test link is for a PowrBook G4. Download it by clicking on the Download Now link in blue. When download is nfinished, drag the .dmg file from your Download folder to the Desktop.

Open up Disk Utility and drag the .dmg file to the left hand column of Disk Utility. Pop in a CD and hit the burn button. it will be bootable by holding down 'C' after the chime with the disc in. Run extended test which checks out the logic board, memory, modem, graphics etc.

http://www.info.apple.com/support/aht.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The second last Apple Hardware Test link is for a PowrBook G4. Download it by clicking on the Download Now link in blue. When download is nfinished, drag the .dmg file from your Download folder to the Desktop.

Open up Disk Utility and drag the .dmg file to the left hand column of Disk Utility. Pop in a CD and hit the burn button. it will be bootable by holding down 'C' after the chime with the disc in. Run extended test which checks out the logic board, memory, modem, graphics etc.

He can't get to the Desktop to run anything, nor has any install discs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.