Thin Client RDP

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i've just bought a new iMac and my wife want to be able to work from home by logging onto her works server. Does anyone know how she can log onto her works server they use "Thin Client RDP"? i have to admit being a newbi mac user i haven't got a clue how this thing works yet. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Ian:D

C

chas_m

Not enough info. The phrase "thin client RDP" -- the latter standing for "Remote Desktop Protocol" -- only tell us HOW one connects to the work server, not the actual program they're running.

There are a number of client programs from Microsoft, Citrix and others. A good start would be asking the IT department how remote PCs connect and what software they need to use. For heaven't sake DON'T tell them you're trying to connect with a Mac, if they're like most IT departments I've run across they will first scorn you and then actively try to sabotage you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.