PC to Mac Networking Problem

B

Ben The Baffled

Hi,

was hoping you guys might be able to help with a problem Im having.

I have logged onto my mac (running OSX 10.3) from my PC (running XP) and I can access all files and folders that are on my startup disk but I cant access or see my main hard disk or any other disks that are mounted on my mac.

Is there a way around this? I have searched around for a solution but Im not too familiar with network related jargon, so Im not even sure if im searching for the right things :(

any help would be much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
i guess some folders are protected. that's why u can't see them. maybe you can change your folders' permission.

OP
B

Ben The Baffled

chouk said:
i guess some folders are protected. that's why u can't see them. maybe you can change your folders' permission.

I have read and write access on all the folders, am I being a total noob? is there something else I need to do, in the get info section the folders I cant access have the same ownership and permission settings as the folders I can access.

OP
S

saichapman

how did you do it???

Hi guys iv'e been trying to get my mac to connect to internet through my pc, and i simply can't. I have all of the hardware, but lack experience.please help
thanks
sai

OP
S

saichapman

how did you do it???

saichapman said:
Hi guys iv'e been trying to get my mac to connect to internet through my pc, and i simply can't. I have all of the hardware, but lack experience.please help
thanks
sai

ok so i forgot to say that i have a d link fast ethernet card on my pc, have it connected to my notebook, but don't know how to configure
awaiting answer.
sai

Reaction score
saichapman said:
ok so i forgot to say that i have a d link fast ethernet card on my pc, have it connected to my notebook, but don't know how to configure
awaiting answer.
sai

Do you have a router set up to your PC already?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
saichapman said:
awaiting answer.
sai
First what exactly is you hardware setup. Second to do this all you need is two ethernet cards and to run the ICS wizard on XP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.