• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie Detached Audio Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hey guys. It's been quite a while since I've posted. Suffice it to say, I've moved into the realm of high school and have spent a lot of time on other sites. I've also become quite the Linux fanboy, but am still keeping my Mac around as my primary computer for the time being. All that aside, I am working on two different videos that are going to require the same effect to get the shine and polish that I want, and I am running into some issues.

I am using iMovie 09

What I did was:
1) Place a video clip in the timeline.
2) Place a title ahead of the video.
3) Detach the audio from the video clip.
4) Move the audio from the video clip to the title.
5) Delete the video clip.

What I'm trying to do is overlay the audio on titles so that I have a fairly seamless effect where there are not long pauses or breaks in the sound. The problem is that the audio that has been detached comes out only on the left channel (not even Mono as it should). How can I troubleshoot this so that the sound comes out in proper mono on both the detached audio and complete clips. If you wear headphones, this problem is HIGHLY noticeable. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Chris K I have a question related to what you are doing. I know this doesn't help you but I have 103 reads on my problem and no help, so I am hope you can start me down the right path.

I am using iMovie 10 and what to know if its possible once you separate the audio to put it into a program like logic express and fine to the audio sound??.

Any info would help. I have some video from a club and the bass is overwhelming and I want to adjust it if possible.

thanks so much for any help you can give me

Lazebass

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.