• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best Mac Magazine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
Would like opinions on the best mac/apple magazine to subscribe to for general mac users. In our house we have MacBook Pros, iPod touches, iPhone and iPad 2.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're in the US, the two best Mac magazines in my opinion are MacWorld Magazine first, and the second is MacLife. I find that I keep my MacWorld Magazines around for reference while I give away the MacLife copies.

Pick up a copy of both at your local newsstand and judge for yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
I got my husband a MacWorld subscription for his birthday several months ago. It's been a really great gift!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have to echo MacWorld as a reference although I subscribe to the digital edition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Another vote for MacWorld.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
After a while I found they would just not cover anything remotely useful, so i stopped buying them all.

Forums make you learn alooooot more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
I think that robduckyworth has a great point, and I tend to agree with his point of view regarding the matter, although if I had to pick it'd be MacWorld.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1 Intel Core Duo, iPad2, iPhone3GS, and others
No Print Mags

I used to subscribe to MadAddict. It was full of awesome until it was bought and became, I believe, MacLife (blech).

Nowadays, I much prefer feeds of great, up to the minute info provided by blogs and forums.

My number one source these days, is Zite iPad app with topics such as "iOS" and Mac. The sources they choose are quality ones including the usual suspects such as Mac Rumours, Cult of Mac, Appleinsider and Macworld, and some unusual sources such as newspapers and small, personal blogs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use to subscribe to both MacWorld and MacLife as well as iCreate and MacAddict. They were all good once, but now it's just easier and far more entertaining to use the web.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Like you guys I used to read MacAddict all the time. In fact I still have quite a few of the CDs around. In the days before broadband I tried/used much of the software provided. I haven't really read them consistently since the name change they don't seem to be what they used to be.

Like all of you I tend to rely on the Internet now. The digital version of MacWorld is handy though when I can't get a good signal.

Reaction score
Isn't it interesting how different individual tastes can be. I am just backwards of all the previous comments. I started with a subscription to Macworld and found myself looking more forward to the new MacLife. Let the Macworld subscription run out and now just subscribe to MacLife. There are so many good resources online now that having a subscription is certainly not necessary, but there are just times I enjoy sitting by the pool reading a good old paper magazine.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If he wants a Magazine, Macworld.

I do learn so much more from Forums though and can help also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.