Graphic problems (see image)

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what I get this image in my Mac Pro 4.1 + ATI 48xx graphic card?

It happens every 1 of 3 times I boot up in windows.
If I can enter my session and close the session I get the image correct next time in the session's login screen.

Thankyou
Gus

foto.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Are they using the same resolution? Without knowing what you're using for running windows, it is hard to just guess. There could also be a hardware fault, but that would take more testing and I dont see that as being what is wrong, provided you are having no issues in OSX.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Specs:

BOOT CAMP 3.2
WINDOWS 7 64 BITS
ATI RADEON HD 4800 SERIES
AMD RADEON CATALYST CONTROL CENTER 2011.0524.2352.41027

Never had any issue under Mac OS X.

Are they using the same resolution?
It's not related to resolution, I can login (with luck if I can put my cursor on my login icon) and I got the same distorted image.

Thankyou
Gus

OP
Z
Reaction score
I installed the last
Catalyst Software Suite 86.4 MB 11.6 6/15/2011
drivers.

I got the same problem, first with apple bootcamp drivers and now with AMD "official" drivers.

But "the problem" is that only happens 1 of everery 3 o 4 times I boot with windows/bootcamp.

Gus

OP
Z
Reaction score
Download the correct driver and try that. You will need to be in Windows to do that, and install.

I have done that.

BTW harryb2448 I have the same machine like you ant the same SSD.

Have you had any probem with OWC SSD?
Sometimes it doesn't wake up from standby and I have to reset the Mac Pro, (in Mac OS X)

Gus

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.