MacBook Pro knocking out internet?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2009 MacBook Pro and am having an internet issue...

Whenever I'm on my MBP the internet seems to knock out every 15 minutes or so (for usually around 2 or 3 min). I just get the "You are not connected to the Internet" page and have no idea why this is happening. We have AT&T wireless internet and my boyfriend is on a PC (with the internet knocking out on his too). I feel like this is a "Mac issue" because in my old apartment friends would come over with their Macs (when I had a PC) and my internet would just get zapped.

Does ANYONE else have this issue? Macs just zapping out internet?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like a router problem, what router do you have? (please provide model name/number).
How many wireless networks are there in your neighborhood?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the reply.

It's an AT&T 2WIRE, Model no. 2701HG-B...as I look right now, there are two other 2WIRE networks and we're all password protected/locked. A friend came over the other night with his MacBook Pro and the internet went out as soon as he turned his on...it's just the weirdest thing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with member DeanP. It sounds very much like a router problem if it's happening to your MacBook Pro and your friend's MacBook Pro. I don't know if your 2 Wire Router is one supplied by AT&T (I suspect it is) and whether or not you've contacted AT&T support about the problem?

OP
M
Reaction score
We got on the phone with AT&T, changed our 2 Wire setup and it seems to be working (fingers crossed). I can't relay exactly what we did to fix it, as I'm not familiar with all of it, but it seems to be fixed! Thank you very much for the responses.

Reaction score
Your're welcome, Mary. Do let us know if problem arises.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.