Deleting content on a 1st generation iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac os 10.6.7
I have 1 TB of memory available for iTunes on my Mac & my PC BUT my 1st generation iPod is full and I can't figure out how to remove any music, podcasts etc. from my iPod without deleting it from my Mac or PC. I'm sure the answer is simple but I can't find it.:Angry:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just uncheck the songs in iTunes and set the setting in the iPod window that appears in iTunes when you plug in your iPod. I can't remember the exact checkbox but it's something along the lines of "Only sync checked songs."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
Yup, make sure that "Only sync checked songs" is selected. That will let you choose which songs/playlists/etc you want to sync, instead of it trying to sync the whole library. Do the same for Movies, Podcasts, TV shows, etc (making sure "Only sync checked podcasts" is selected. This gives the most control over specifically what content is synced to the iPod Touch, and removing nothing from your computer/iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
As with the advice above, if you want to get rid of *any* Apps, just press and hold one and they will all start to shudder with a (x). Flick through and tap the (x) of any App you want to delete and it will do it straight from the iPod. To get back to normal screen, hit the home button.
If you cant do this, it will be bc in Settings>General>Restrictions could be enabled and the Delete Apps is checked to off

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.