Copying data from HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I've got my new Samsung 640GB HDD sitting here waiting to be fitted when 10.7/Lion is released. When I fit this and install the OS, if I put my current 160GB HDD into my HDD Docking Station will I be able to access the files on it?

I'd like to install the new HDD, OS and Applications and then copy my personal data over that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3,1 Dual Quadcore 2.8GHz 12GB Snow Leopard / G4 PowerMac (AGP/Sawtooth), 1.4GHz 2GB Leopard
I've got my new Samsung 640GB HDD sitting here waiting to be fitted when 10.7/Lion is released. When I fit this and install the OS, if I put my current 160GB HDD into my HDD Docking Station will I be able to access the files on it?
Yes.

Sorry about the long, technical answer, but you will ask these tricky questions! ;D

OP
Chris_B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
Thanks guys.

I've not properly set up or installed all my apps yet, happy to do a clean install of Lion and set everything up with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.