Having trouble installing Snow Leopard

Reaction score
So I'm finally upgrading to SL but I seem to be having an issue. I put the cd in, click install, agree to the terms and all that. It reboots and begins the installation. After about 15-20 minutes [Says approx. 50 minutes remaining] it then reboots itself. It reboots to my normal desktop, with nothing changed and nothing else happening. Version is still the same, nothing has occurred.

There is a folder MAC OSX Install with about 3.5 gigs, but the install never continues. I've tried three times with no success, every time it starts anew.

Bad installation disk? Am I stupid? Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What are the specs of your machine? And where did you get the SL disk from? Is it gray or black?

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm not on my Mac at the moment, but it's a 2.66 Duo Core, 2 gigs of ram, I definitely meet all the required specs. I bought it in 2008.

The disk is off white? With the actual snow leopard on it.

C

chas_m

This is not a retail copy of Snow Leopard. Throw it away, go out and buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.