BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

Reaction score
I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

iMac 10.6.8

I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

iMac 10.6.8

I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?

That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?

OP
S
Reaction score
That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?

Oh yes I do have a mac! Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 8gb 1067 mhz ddr3 10.6.8

I did not know it was hackintosh :(
whatever that file did when I clicked the pkg and installed made my internal speakers and microphone to disappear.

any ideas?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks to Back-in-Time I restored to an hour before this happened it's all good now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks I tried that but it doesn't work. the minute you plug in the headset, the internal speakers are no longer available to switch :( So it's a pointless little program.

Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

You appear to have two solutions:

1. Use USB headphones.
  2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.

I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.

OP
S
Reaction score
Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

You appear to have two solutions:

1. Use USB headphones.
  2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.

I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.

hahaha yeah I have googled a lot too.... out of luck! I solved my problem by buying a regular phone handset that has a headset jack LOL (and connect to my magicjack)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.