Help with syncing mail between iMac, iPad and iPhone

Reaction score
I am currently using mobile me to sync 2 email addresses between these three devices.

It's not working as I believed it would.

If I send from one device, I cannot view that sent email on another device.

If I delete from one device, it does not delete across all devices.

Firstly, should it be doing the above? And secondly, if it is then where do I find a simple step by step guide on how to set it up to do so?

I have been tempted to delete the mail accounts and start again but have been told that this will also delete all email history.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I think the first question is what mail protocol are you using? By the sounds of things, if the mail account allows use of IMAP you could use that on all 3 devices and they'll be constantly sync'd together.

I currently sync my GMAIL account between my iPhone, MBP and BlackBerry using nothing other than IMAP.

The link below might help explain...

Apple - MobileMe - News - What is IMAP and Why Do We Use It?

If you are using POP, the email messages are downloaded into the device and stored on the device. (Unless the option is set to keep a copy of messages on the server) Be wary if you switch to IMAP - you'll want to copy your mails from the local devices first.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.