Photoshop Elements 9 on Lion

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to purchase a brand new iMac 27 inch. I will want to get OS Lion on it.
I am new to the Mac world however and I am wondering whether Photoshop Elements 9 will be compatible with it at the moment?

It says it is for Mac OS.X?

Thanks,

Will

OP
S
Reaction score
it doesn't show up photoshop as it's not an application it's something to install off a disk...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
PSE is an application - source is irrelevant (App Store, internet, optical disc, etc). The database has it listed (here) but the status is unknown. You'll have to wait and see.

OP
S
Reaction score
Oh I see - sorry.
What's the likelihood of it not working with lion atm?
The thing is, if I buy a mac will it not already come with lion or do you have to buy that as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Oh I see - sorry.
What's the likelihood of it not working with lion atm?
The thing is, if I buy a mac will it not already come with lion or do you have to buy that as well

Since Lion's not out, no one can know for sure unless Adobe confirms it will work.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Whether you have Lion already on the computer or not depends upon when it is released and exactly when the purchase was made. For example, I purchased a MacBook Pro about three weeks after Leopard came out. Tiger was installed on the system but the Leopard DVD was in the box.

If you purchase a new Mac after June 6, 2011 and it does not already have Lion installed you can request the update from Apple. Apple - OS X Lion - Get up to date.. You must request the update within 30 days of purchasing the new Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.