Keychain Error

Reaction score
I am having trouble accessing my mobile me mail and also now when I try access MobileMe i.e. Apple menu > System Preferences, MobileMe, I get the following error.

Keychain Error.
There was a problem saving to your keychain. Try again or use Keychain Access to verify your keychain.

Am I correct in saying the Keychain is where all the passwords are stored, therefore is it possible to delete everything in keychains and start again. If possible I would prefer to delete all and start again than to try fix this error.

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Open /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access. Under the File menu, select "Delete keychain 'Login'" and when prompted select "Delete Reference & Files." Quit Keychain Access. Open Safari. Odds are you will receive an error that the keychain could not be found. At that point, you can choose to create a new keychain, enter your current login password, and you're done.

OP
B
Reaction score
wow THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Its working, is there anything wrong with deleting all keychains on all my macs and starting again

whats the downside of doing this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Just that the passwords stored would be lost. But if you're ok with that, there's not a thing wrong with it.

OP
B
Reaction score
I have no problem with that its working like a dream.

I Sync using mobile me and it seems as if the keychains of my other macs have been pulled through again, so I am removing the sync option of the keychains and then going to reset all passwords on all my macs.

Thanks again, im grateful my e mails are back

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.