PowerBook G4 TI, upgrade or trash?

Reaction score
So i have a PowerBook G4 15' TI with the lowest specifications you could ever have!

It's equipped with:

400MHZ processor
256MB Ram
20GB HD

The PowerBook is in mint condition and have everything working as it was supposed to work but for me i can't do most of my daily tasks on it, i can't even watch YouTube videos and any online flash will just cause the G4 to freeze for a minute or two!

I was told to upgrade the Ram to its max (1GB) but i think the low processor will keep things as they are!

so do you recommend me to upgrade the ram? does it even worth it? or should i just trash this and get a new one?

Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I would not trash it for the sake of having a spare but I would get a new one also if you can find the ram why not it will help some.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Unless it doesnt work at all, dont trash it. Try selling on Craigs List or in a consignment shop somewhere first.

I am still trying to sell my Dual Core Win7 machine even though I have upgraded to 2011 17" MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'll take it if you want to trash it!

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for above posters but does anyone has an experience with G4 ram upgrade? as i don't think the 400MHZ processor will just keep things as they are so it would be a waste of money!

Reaction score
I don't think a RAM upgrade will help you much. Flash is running on your CPU. Upgrading RAM will help opening more apps and switching between them, but not running CPU intensive tasks any faster.

If you think about upgrading to a newer model put the money towards that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.