iPad 2 - Browser issue

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so firstly let me say hi!

I recently got a new iPad 2, absolutly loving it. However I have one major issue.

I am a cisco voip engineer, and aqs such I need to log into my CallManager servers through the browser for the GUI interface. Through safari, and many other browsers I have tested, I can connect, login and start to work.

The issue I have is that only what is viewable on the screen is available, if the page being viewed is outside the current viewable screen area, those areas of the wb page are not available. There are no scroll bars on the side to scroll up and down on th web page.

Has anyone else experinced anything like this before, if so is there a sollution to resolve this issue?

I hoping this is not to much of a major probolem.

Thanks in advance
iCWS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
First off welcome to the forum!
In regards to your issue I'm wondering if maybe its some sort of code the website uses that safari mobile isn't picking up. I would try a different browser for your iPad to see if it works. The two I would try are opera mini or iswifter(this is the popular flash workaround one which is a little clunky but that way you can see if it will work)

If neither of those work, I would recommend using some sort of remote desktop software such as splashtop- the server side is free, but the client iPad app costs money. However it will pretty much let you do just about everything.

GNR

Reaction score
I know nothing about what you are doing, but the reference to "no scroll bars" make me offer this lesson I learned that sounds similar, albeit in a vastly different setting.

I was frustrated with certain pages in on line data bases not scrolling down so I could see the whole page, like Pacer and Lexis. I discovered that using a two finger scrolling gestures (two fingers scroll up or down) worked in lieu of scroll bars.

Worth a five second try anyway.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Use your finger and scroll around the page to see content that's off-screen..you will not see any scroll bars until you actually begin to scroll..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.