Do i have a virus?

Reaction score
Admittedly i made an account just for this so i hope you guys can help me out.

I just got my Macbook Pro not a long time ago and i neglected to get an antivirus for it because i thought it unnecessary but i found something strange that makes me wonder if i have a virus or some sort of Mac trojan.

I have Bittorrent and when my internet was slow i decided to check if a had accidentally left torrents uploading when i noticed something scary. There were heaps of movies downloading and already downloaded that i had never downloaded myself, and i'm the only one who uses my laptop. It seems as if automatically movies like Rambo, Die Hard, 5 whole seasons of Dexter, Blade Runner and loads of other ones that amount to dozens of gigabytes. Whats more, i checked the files and they're all .avi's and at least one of them that i checked actually works (is a real movie) which only confuses me more.

To perform a scan I downloaded a mac antivirus called "iAntivirus" just now and after i did it said there were no viruses found. This only makes me more nervous as this really doesn't seem normal.

Any ideas on *** just happened?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Many member ask the question about viruses and malware on the Mac and in addition to using the search function at the top of the forum, you'll find almost all your answers here:

Official Antivirus, Malware, and Firewall FAQ

Short answer, no you don't have a virus. But read the FAQ.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok thanks, i'm at ease now...kinda

If its not a virus then do you know what might have caused it, like a problem with my torrent software or something? It may not be a virus but downloading at least a dozen large files without doing anything is far from normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.