Final Cut Pro X and stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Nano, iPhone4, Shuffle
Hi guys,

So I bought Final Cut Pro as the title suggests. I'm a fan, been getting to grips with it over the last few weeks.

But I recently sold my MacBook. I therefore downloaded it onto the home iMac and have been using it on there. I had a bit of a windfall and plan on getting one of the new MacBookAirs when they are released or a MacBookPro if they come this month/ beginning of next.

My question is, is there a way for me to get FCPX onto the new laptop when I get it without spending £200+ again?

Cheers

Stuart

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If I am not mistaken the license for programs purchased from the APP store allows installation on more than one machine as long as the machines are tied to the same account. The App store license agreement can be found at iTUNES STORE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS and states in part:

"Except as otherwise set forth herein,

(i) You may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
I believe it's up to 5 machines on the same Apple Acct.

Also...what is the spec. On your iMac...? How does FCP X run on it...?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Nano, iPhone4, Shuffle
Ive got a 3GHz intel core 2 duo and 4GB of ram.

It runs pretty well, Motion on the other hand has a nasty habit of dyeing on me if I have them both running at the same time but apart from that Im really pleased with it. For me, coming from iMovie, it's been a good progression because I had 0 idea about using the previous versions!

Im going to wait and see what the specs of the new MacBooks are before I decide anything but thanks very much for the help. Glad I didnt shoot myself in the foot!

Cheers

Stuart

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Thanks for the info. I've got the same specs...looking at FCP X soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.