Iphone 4 Wireless Icon

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I connect to a wireless network that the 3G icon remains at the top.

I have confirmed that I am on wireless in settings and also apps that are wifi only will work.

Has anyone else seen this and is there anything that can be done?

Reaction score
i don't understand what you said in the second sentense. But when the 3G icon appear when you still connect wireless network which mean something wrong with your route network. your iphone support to connect automatically if you set it in the general setting. To aid this problem, I suggest you turn off and then turn on the airplane mode. This action will reset all the connection network.
if this still not work, I suggest you check your modern or route for connection. Maybe it been set block

OP
W
Reaction score
i don't understand what you said in the second sentense. But when the 3G icon appear when you still connect wireless network which mean something wrong with your route network. your iphone support to connect automatically if you set it in the general setting. To aid this problem, I suggest you turn off and then turn on the airplane mode. This action will reset all the connection network.
if this still not work, I suggest you check your modern or route for connection. Maybe it been set block

No you misunderstand. There is nothing wrong with the network. I am on wireless and this is confirmed in settings on the iphone that it is connected to a wireless network. Also, I have apps that will only work on wifi, they are still working when the 3G symbol is shown.

The issue here is that the wifi symbol is not being shown when on wifi. It is frustrating to have to go to setting to check if I am on wifi or not so that when I watch a baseball game on the MLB app or stream on Pandora I am not using my 2gb of data allotment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
It sounds like you are using a jail broken device.

OP
W
Reaction score
Is your iPhone jailbroken?

No, my iPhone is not jailbroken. I bought it new at a Radioshack the month it came out, and I have no personally jailbroken it.

This issue only started about two months ago. I have applecare, but I believe this is a software and they will probably just tell me to reset the phone. I was avoiding that, but at this point probably my best bet.

Reaction score
Try turning off 3G (Settings>> General >> Network)
- Turn off Enable 3G
- Turn off Cellular Data

Do you get the Wireless icon after turning off 3G?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.