Is Snow Leopard available for digital download?

TJP

Reaction score
Today I received my '07 MBP back from Apple (logic board replacement) and I'm having a rough time trying to situate with using applications built for an OS so old (OS 10.4.11). I tried to post this question to the Apple discussion forums (apple.com) only to receive an error that my post was left blank (as it would clear it each time I pressed submit). My question is:

Is Snow Leopard available for digital download on the apple.com store?

I would like to be able to use new applications such as Adium and the new Safari, both incompatible with this OS. I do not live near an Apple store (the closest being an hour away) and would like to handle this tonight if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions or an answer to my question?

Thank you in advance for all help, it is much appreciated.

Best,
Trevor

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No, SL is only available for sale on a physical DVD. Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Today I received my '07 MBP back from Apple (logic board replacement) and I'm having a rough time trying to situate with using applications built for an OS so old (OS 10.4.11). I tried to post this question to the Apple discussion forums (apple.com) only to receive an error that my post was left blank (as it would clear it each time I pressed submit). My question is:

Is Snow Leopard available for digital download on the apple.com store?

No.

I would like to be able to use new applications such as Adium and the new Safari, both incompatible with this OS. I do not live near an Apple store (the closest being an hour away) and would like to handle this tonight if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions or an answer to my question?

Sorry, but you can only get a retail copy on DVD. If you have a Best Buy nearby, they should have it. I would suggest waiting for Lion (it's expected to drop on the 14th), but there seems to be no upgrade path available if you aren't running Snow Leopard.

OP
T

TJP

Reaction score
I appreciate the help, it's sad to see that this is the case. Maybe I can pick up a copy in a few days time to get this handled.

Reaction score
Mini to iMac?

So, how about this: Is it possible to use the install DVD from my Mac Mini to load 10.6.3 on my iMac running 10.5.8? Seems like there should be some advantage to buying multiple devices from our friends in Cupertino ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Nope. Restore media only works with the hardware is shipped with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.