Macbook Pro 15'' Grinding Noise

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I recently bought the 2010 Macbook Pro 15'' in August, 2010.

Around Feb, it started making this annoying grinding noise from the front left. (Where your right palm is placed wile typing)

It makes this noise as soon as I start up Mac OS or Bootcamp. It lasts for a long time in Boot Camp, but stops after a while in the Mac OS. If I am using a lot of applications in my Mac, it starts again and does not stop for a long time.

I've taken it to the Apple Store several times, but they have checked and said nothing is wrong. One guy told me it's coming from my hard drive and it is normal. The problem is that they cannot hear the noise in the busy Apple Store.

The noise is VERY annoying and loud. I'm not able to work as soon as it comes on.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Anavir

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does seem to be a noisy hard drive. Take it on back to the Apple store and ask them to take your machine where it's quiet so they can listen to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.