MBP audio issue

Reaction score
I have a brand new out the box MBP 15" 2.2ghz and have been experiencing audio problems in the last few days.

I am running osx 10.6.8

Playback in Itunes becomes patchy when the volume is at full or in general volume is quite loud. When i turn music up audio starts to cut out followed by everything freezing up momentarily (around 5secs).

I originally thought this was an itunes issue but seems to occur when using Spotify also so now i feel it must be a operating system/ audio issue.

Anyone got any ideas? I have reinstalled osx and updated all software with no joy. Can see nothing unusual when activity monitor is open either.

A bug in 10.6.8?

Thanks for any help in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

All I can tell you is that both of my machines have no problem whatsoever with iTunes audio and I'm running 10.6.8. Since your machine is new and it's under warranty, take it on in to Apple and have them look at it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.