Verizon iPhone serial number

Reaction score
I recently had to get a replacement white iphone 4 from my Apple store. My original phone was only 3 weeks old and was having a few issues. It was replaced with one from a plastic black box. I know that there are ways to show if an ATT phone is refurb. via the serial number.
Is there a way to tell with VZW? I think my chances of getting a refurb white iphone are pretty slim considering they've only been out a few months, and I know it really shouldn't matter. The phone looked just as new as my first one ans so far works fine. I think I'm just curious and it's a matter of principle. I paid for a new phone and I'd like a new replacement.

TIA for your help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Refurbished computers are not stocked or sold in Apple stores, however, I don't know if the same applies to iPhones or iPads. You can always check the SN the same as you can with an AT&T model. It does sound like they gave you a stock replacement if it was in a plastic box rather than the usual Apple box and packing. It doesn't mean though that it was refurbished.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.