2 questions from a newbie

Reaction score
1) How to switch of templates at the start of Word 2011
I am a brand new Mac user. I have a new desk top and Word 2011 for Mac. Every time I open it, loads of templates flood the screen. I can see no option to turn it off. I would just like a normal blank document. Can anyone help me find out how to switch it off please. It isn't an option in preferences, and I cannot find options in tools (or anywhere).
2) How do I increase the font size in iCal please?
Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. Does not belong in "Running Windows......."

You can turn off the templates from loading by going into the Word preferences and go to the "General Tab". Remove the checkmark from "Show Project Gallery at Startup".

I don't use iCal. Maybe someone else will answer that for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
2) How do I increase the font size in iCal please?
Unless I'm mistaken there is no way to permanently increase the font size. You can do it if you choose to print your calendars but not on your screen. It is a disappointment that we can't change the font size but this has been an ongoing issues with Mac OS X.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I think you'r right EndlessMac. As far as I have been able to determine you can't change the font. The only work around I have seen is to turn on the screen magnification feature in the Universal Access pane.

OP
N
Reaction score
thank you

Thank you so much for the advice about getting rid of all those templates at the start up. It has worked!! Fabulous.... and thank you to everyone about the iCal font - I couldn't find how to do it anywhere - seriously irritating fault with iCal, it is unusable on a 27" screen... unless you have binoculors...
I appreciate everyone's help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.