Thinking of buying an iPad at Argos??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
If you are thinking of buying an iPad or even an iPad 2 at an Argos store, please heed my advice.
They may have a brilliant pricing structure and offer bargains on their web pages. You may even check stock on-line and reserve one for pick-up at your local store.

But, before you set off on the 60 minute drive, (as we almost did on Saturday) telephone the actual store that you have reserved it at. When you get to speak to a person, get their name (you MUST do this) and try to get to speak to a manager or supervisor. Get their name as well. Ask them to confirm that the specific iPad that you have reserved is in stock and ready to be collected from their store within 2 hours. Give them the Reservation number to check.
We did that, having used the web to reserve a white, 32gb iPad 2 only to find that, in reality, there were no iPads of any kind in the shop at all.
Take care and don't waste petrol.

C

chas_m

A simpler method: is the store an Authorized Apple Reseller? Yes/No?

If No, move along, nothing to see here.

Reaction score
A simpler method: is the store an Authorized Apple Reseller? Yes/No?

If No, move along, nothing to see here.
That's not really relevant to the OP's post...

And, as regards Argos, it's a well-known catalogue-with-store-pick-up retail chain here in Britain. They are authorised resellers (the Apple gear they sell comes straight from Apple, not via a third party), but being a generic retail store they're not premium resellers - so you'll not get an Apple Store level of quality in service & support - the support you'll get from them will amount to little more than your statutory rights; meaning you'll have to purchase AppleCare from Apple anyway, making it a bit pointless to buy from them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Well...you just reiterated his post..;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
never heard of argos. must be a Europe thing. ive always wondered if this type of thing happened with microcenter and their 999 mac pros

C

chas_m

I was aware of what Argos was (used to live in the UK), but was not aware that they are Apple Authorised resellers now, so I apologise if my post wasn't helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.