Upgrade Macbook Pro Fan Model

Reaction score
Hey there, I was hoping someone could help me with this issue I've been struggling with. Any input is much appreciated.

Essentially I want to upgrade the model of the fan in my Macbook Pro to obtain RPM's significantly higher than the current stock model can achieve (6200~ RPM safely).

I've cleaned the dust out, tried numerous different cooling pads, and have it running consistently at 6000 RPM. Even with all of that, my CPU and GPU still manage to get up to 88-90 degrees celcius, which is nearly the temperature at which you could boil water.

Does anyone know of a model of a fan that I could install that is a large upgrade in efficiency/RPM? Thanks a bunch

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
I'm not aware of anything like that. However everything that I read on this forum indicates that the MacBook Pro will turn itself off if it gets too warm. Playing games and videos will cause the machine to run pretty warm but I do not think that is unusual. In fact I think that adding controllers to the Mac does more harm than good because it takes control of the fans away from the computer which is never good.

Have you verified through the Activity Monitor that you don't have a process that is running amok that is causing the computer CPU to run more than is necessary? That could be a contributing factor as well.

I have a late model and the CPU fan turns on doing certain things only. Most times my portable runs cool as a cucumber.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Regards,

Pat

Reaction score
PatM I was just reading your sig bar and I noticed you 05 Goat.

I have an 05 also, mine is sliver with black stripes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Mine is silver as well . 107,000 miles on it and still runs like it was new. Very little oil consumption and the original clutch is still in the car. I split time with the Mini now. Much different driving experience. But I love my Mac!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.