clip art

Reaction score
I have been a microsoft publisher user for years and have enjoyed access to unlimited clip art for my publications.
I don't seem to find collections of clip art for use in Microsoft word for Mac. What do you all use for clip art? I bought one huge collection that I have used in the past for PC that claimed to be for Mac and then it didn't work. Help please.
Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Clipart's there but the way to access it will differ depending on what version of Word you're using. If you're using 2011, on the ribbon, go to Home > Insert > click the picture. You can access the browser and gallery there. Here is a picture of the location in case the description didn't make much sense.

word2011_clipart.png

You can also go to Insert > Clip Art.

If that doesn't work, why not just insert images manually? Any particular reason that you need clipart? If you do need it, there is always MS's site here.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have used the clip art browser and gallery, I find it very limited.
for example there was one ice cream cone picture when I looked for ice cream. I was making a poster for an ice cream social. The images from MS web site don't want to open when downloaded. Maybe I'm using the wrong file extension? I'm stuck.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
How are you trying to use the clipart? If I open the clipart gallery > Import and select the file, it allows me to import it without a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.