MBP back up / migration?

Reaction score
Ack! I had some issues with my 2007 MacBook Pro, so I wiped it clean before upgrading to Snow Leopard and replacing the Logic Board.
I formatted the Ext HD myself, and I am coming from and going to, a Mac, so no issues with readable/writeable. I'm not seeing the Ext HD anywhere on my Mac. I've been up and running for a month and the MBP is working fine. I just can't "see" the Ext drive anymore with the new OS. Maybe I'm just missing it? Do I need to install a Driver? I've heard whispers of a Migration Assistant, is this necessary? Costly?
Thanks in advance,
ZB
*My Ext HD is a Mobile Disk Beyond Micro HD Model # BMMDU2. I'm running a MBP 2007 15" with Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ack! I had some issues with my 2007 MacBook Pro, so I wiped it clean before upgrading to Snow Leopard and replacing the Logic Board.
I formatted the Ext HD myself, and I am coming from and going to, a Mac, so no issues with readable/writeable. I'm not seeing the Ext HD anywhere on my Mac. I've been up and running for a month and the MBP is working fine. I just can't "see" the Ext drive anymore with the new OS. Maybe I'm just missing it? Do I need to install a Driver? I've heard whispers of a Migration Assistant, is this necessary? Costly?
Thanks in advance,
ZB
*My Ext HD is a Mobile Disk Beyond Micro HD Model # BMMDU2. I'm running a MBP 2007 15" with Snow Leopard.

It should see the external drive just fine. Are you sure you didn't damage the USB port that it's plugged into while replacing the motherboard? Try another device in that port. Also check Disk Utility with the drive plugged in to see if it shows anything. If the port is working, DU will show the drive as attached.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.