Is this possible?

D

delsa

I have a mac formatted ipod. I also have a pc containing music i would like to transfer to my ipod. Is it possible to do this without re-formatting?? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Kind of, but not really: Windows can't read a mac formatted iPod by itself, so you'd need a tool such as Macdrive or Macopener to read and write to the iPod.

But I'm fairly sure both of those products aren't free, so I'd just go with reformatting instead.

Reaction score
Yes, Using MacDrive 6. Macdrive 6 supports Itunes now.

ed724

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If the PC and Mac can talk to each other over a network, you could copy the PC's music files to the Mac and load them onto your iPod from there.

Reaction score
caribiner23 said:
If the PC and Mac can talk to each other over a network, you could copy the PC's music files to the Mac and load them onto your iPod from there.

As long as you didn't get them from Apples on line store.

ed724

OP
D

delsa

ok

thanks.

Can anyone tell me what will happen when i plug my mac fmtd ipod into a pc? it won't mess anything up, right? Will i be able to see my songs on pc itunes?

OP
J

Jil1ee

No nothing will happen to your ipod. I have a mac formatted ipod and just recently I plugged it into my sisters pc and all it said was that you needed to install the program. I posted the same question about 2 weeks ago. If you format it to a pc, I was told it will be to read both computers. You must put your itunes on manual though so you dont lose your mp3's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.