If I Have A MacBook Pro (13 inch) and an iPhone 4, should i get an iPad 2?

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro is the 2011 model with the Thunderbolt port and the Facetime camera. My iPhone 4 is the black 16 gb model on Verizon. I'm so indecisive! All answers are greatly appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well now that all depends on what your needs and expectations are. The iPad is more portable than the MacBook, less portable than the iPhone. It has the advantage of a bigger display than the iPhone, disadvantage of being more limited in usability than the MacBook.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well now that all depends on what your needs and expectations are. The iPad is more portable than the MacBook, less portable than the iPhone. It has the advantage of a bigger display than the iPhone, disadvantage of being more limited in usability than the MacBook.

I was just planning to use it as a "just for fun" device. No business intended. ;D
My MacBook is usually just for the usual highschool work and some web browsing. My iPhone is usually just used as an iPod and for texting/calling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I've also got a MBP and an iPhone 4... and a Dell laptop for work. I don't see any need for an iPad in my life... everyones circumstances are different so I think only you can decide if you require one or not.

Reaction score
I too have been trying to think of what I can use an iPad for. :)

Unfortunately, nothing springs to mind - so the money remains in the wallet.

Reaction score
^^ , i love all Apple products . I think u should buy an iPad 2 . It really good for work and present

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a MacBook Pro and an iPhone 4. My company provided me with an iPad 2 and I found that I didn't really use it all that much. My main issue with it was that it was really just a big-screened iPhone minus the ubiquitous connectivity (I didn't want to pay for the 3G when I was already paying for data on my iPhone). About the only the only function I found I was lacking elsewhere was the ability to read some of my iPad enhanced magazine subscriptions, but I don't mind being limited to the print versions of those. YMMV, of course, but I just figured I'd share my experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.