MacBook Pro keyboard light delay to turn on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.66Ghz mid '10 with Mac OS Leopard
Hi,

My MBP used to turn the backlit keyboard light on suddenly when I touch the trackpad or hit any key on the keyboard (if the light is off). But now, seem like it's getting lazy—when I touch the trackpad or any key, it turns the light on after 1-2 seconds, I mean, delay to light up…… what happen??? :\

Reaction score
Not sure.... try to find a setting and see if you changed it to slow the turning of the light. If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

Does it change instantly and turn off instantly? or is there a delay there as well?

Reaction score
My MBP also does this. As far as i know 10.6.8 was released on June 23rd, and i don't remember seeing this lag earlier.
It's kind of annoying in the dark.

If you believe apple really reads feedback, make sure you leave one at Apple - Feedback

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure.... try to find a setting and see if you changed it to slow the turning of the light. If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

Does it change instantly and turn off instantly? or is there a delay there as well?

I tried all settings and even went through a PRAM resetting. However, the problem still exist.

if I changed it manually using F5 or F6, it responds (change the illumination level, turn on, and turn off) instantly.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My MBP also does this. As far as i know 10.6.8 was released on June 23rd, and i don't remember seeing this lag earlier.
It's kind of annoying in the dark.

If you believe apple really reads feedback, make sure you leave one at Apple - Feedback

So you believe it's a bug in 10.6.8? I though my MBP is the odd one, which got a hardware problem… but if there are many people have the same problem I would consider it as a software issue and send a feedback to Apple.

Reaction score
So you believe it's a bug in 10.6.8? I though my MBP is the odd one, which got a hardware problem… but if there are many people have the same problem I would consider it as a software issue and send a feedback to Apple.

Do that. The more people tell them, the more likely they'll listen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.