i photos

Reaction score
Why can I not find i photos on my macbook? Can anyone help me with this? I thought it was part of snow leopard software.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Why can I not find i photos on my macbook? Can anyone help me with this? I thought it was part of snow leopard software.

You should have the icon in your dock. But if you search for i photos you won't find it. It is iPhoto. No 's' and no space between the 'i' and the 'P'

OP
C
Reaction score
excuse me for the spelling of the program and I know it should be on my dock, but it's no where in my system at all

C

chas_m

Although iPhoto comes pre-installed on every new Mac, it is NOT in fact part of the Snow Leopard software. If you've erased your drive and re-installed Snow Leopard, neither it nor the other parts of iLife will be present. You need to install iLife separately -- either from the original discs that came with your Mac, or you can buy a new copy (either a DVD from an Apple retailer containing the whole iLife suite for $49, or you have the option of just buying iPhoto from the Mac App Store for $15.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.7Ghz Quad Core i5, 1Tb HD, 4GB 1333 MHz DDDR3 SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics, OSX, 21.5"
excuse me for the spelling of the program and I know it should be on my dock, but it's no where in my system at all

Your initial question was "Why can I not find i photos on my macbook?" Razormac was merely pointing out that your misspelling would keep a Spotlight search from finding it for you. If you reenter your search as "iPhoto" it will tell you if it is indeed missing from your system. If it is, simply purchase it from the App Store as Chas_M suggested.

I mainly lurk here, just having switched to an iMac myself in March. This forum is a LOT tamer than some of the others I read. Ask your questions and don't be so quick to assume they're they're criticizing you when they're trying to help. You'll learn a lot more that way. ;D

Good luck and enjoy your toys.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Your initial question was "Why can I not find i photos on my macbook?" Razormac was merely pointing out that your misspelling would keep a Spotlight search from finding it for you. If you reenter your search as "iPhoto" it will tell you if it is indeed missing from your system. If it is, simply purchase it from the App Store as Chas_M suggested.

I mainly lurk here, just having switched to an iMac myself in March. This forum is a LOT tamer than some of the others I read. Ask your questions and don't be so quick to assume they're they're criticizing you when they're trying to help. You'll learn a lot more that way. ;D

Good luck and enjoy your toys.

Thanks for that.
I wondered when I read the reply if I had bungled my post . . . because ^^^ is exactly what I intended.
We have a lot of misspellings show up (I do it myself) but if you don't spell it at least close a search won't find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.7Ghz Quad Core i5, 1Tb HD, 4GB 1333 MHz DDDR3 SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics, OSX, 21.5"
Your reply was fine. Some people just bring issues to forums that can make the rest of the users scratch their heads. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.