what RAM do you carry ?

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP
I got a 27 inch 2.8ghz I5 iMac with the standard 4gig RAM

I'm wondering whether to stick another chuck of RAM in to keep it running nicely. (not that it's slow as it is)

photo editing is the most processor busting work i do

what's you lot got in ya similar spec iMac's ?

cheers

Jif

Reaction score
I got a 27 inch 2.8ghz I5 iMac with the standard 4gig RAM

I'm wondering whether to stick another chuck of RAM in to keep it running nicely. (not that it's slow as it is)

photo editing is the most processor busting work i do

what's you lot got in ya similar spec iMac's ?

cheers

Jif

Ive the the same iMac... 2010 27" i5... i upgraded mine from the standard 4gb to 12gb... because the RAM wasnt expensive from crucial and only take 5 mins to fit it... to be honest i bet it wouldnt be any different if i had only upgraded to 8gb, i just went to 12gb because the price difference really wasnt alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
The only advantage you will get to all that RAM is that you will be able to have more programs open at the same time. If you find yourself always having iTunes, Safari, skype, pages, etc. open then you will probably see a good performance increase in this case.

OP
J

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ive the the same iMac... 2010 27" i5... i upgraded mine from the standard 4gb to 12gb... because the RAM wasnt expensive from crucial and only take 5 mins to fit it... to be honest i bet it wouldnt be any different if i had only upgraded to 8gb, i just went to 12gb because the price difference really wasnt alot

bit cheeky, but have you a link to the seller you used ?

cheers

OP
J

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

thanks for ya help

a cheeky little 8 gig upgrade is on it's way :eek:)

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
As I don't do any photo or film editing I find the 4gb that came fitted with my 4 iMacs to be more than enough...
Although I wasn't able to persuade my 16 year old son to avoid getting his new laptop with 6gb's - even though he doesn't do any of the above either - yet !;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.