• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

LOST the show...

C

code777

Looks like the season premiere of LOST is stirring up a lot of Apple II talk. Being a fan of the show I dabble into the fan forums (which are extreamly complex) and I love it how they are all trying to analyze why there is an Apple II(+ or e or whatever) being used.

Anyone else a fan? Got a theory? hahahaha

Reaction score
i just got into the show, my family loves it but before i never had time, but now i do and it is great i love that show, i just dont like waiting in suspence every week

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I definitely think Lost is one of the best TV programs to come out in a long time, but the season 2 premiere was kind of a let-down because it seemed to show very little progression once inside the hatch. Oh well, guess I'll have to count down the days until next week's episode. Hopefully, though, the show will end after this or next season.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
code777 said:
Looks like the season premiere of LOST is stirring up a lot of Apple II talk. Being a fan of the show I dabble into the fan forums (which are extreamly complex) and I love it how they are all trying to analyze why there is an Apple II(+ or e or whatever) being used.

Anyone else a fan? Got a theory? hahahaha

The apple ][ washed ashore with the French research vessel from the late 70s. The guy inside the quarentine shack beat up one of the pencil-neck scientists, took his computer and hooked it up to his b|tch|n' phonograph Hi-Fi system so he could listen to Anne Murray and Cat Stevens at the same time. Incidentally the Hi-Fi and the records landed with all the Heroin. The blender and all of the modern niceties in the underground layer were on Hatch-boy's boat which he was racing in one of those stupid solo circumnavigation races. The hatch is left-over from New Zealands pre-empted space program and originally housed radioactive chimpanzees.

Watch next week and tell me if I'm wrong about any of this stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
my question... how did that guy get there?

btw.. I LOVE LOST!!

Reaction score
So you're saying there is a new character and it's a mac!? I guess it's just another thing that can think faster than Jack.

I watched the first season and was very dissapointed - especially with the last episode. After all of those episodes nothing really happened. I know american shows have this weird ~24 episode deal but they really could have done better with a 6 - 12 part series.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20'' 2.0GHz 2gb Ram 400gb HDD
I live in the UK, so i'm watching season 1, but man, Lost is definetly one of the best, if not THE best programmes I have ever watched!!

P.S code777, awesome avatar!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.