Macbook Pro 15" early 2008 won't start (black screen, but fans works)

Reaction score
I've got a late 2008 version of the MacBook Pro. For some weeks ago, I replaced the screen, and everything seemed to work out fine. But when I try to start it up now, the fans and CD-drive runs, but the screen stays black. I tried to connect it to my Samsung TV with HDMI. When the Mac was turned off, the tv said "No cable connected".When I turned it on, the samsung-screen turned entirely black for a second, but then i turned to "No signal". I even tried to close the screen on the mac at startup (i've heard that doing so will make the mac believe it's a desktop pc), but still the same happens. I can neither boot it in single user mode, cd-mode nor disc mode, so i'm a bit stuck.
And I suppose I broke the warranty by replacing the screen.

Any ideas of how I can solve this problem?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thnx!

It's a late 2008 model, so maybe they will fix it, then :)

But still, It's pretty broken already, so i'm not sure if it's worth it. And I've got another mac also.

Although, I'll give it a try!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Absolutely worst thing they can say is 'no'! good luck!

Reaction score
Go get it fixed.

MacBook Pro: Distorted video or no video issues

Well, that's IF it's an early 2008 as stated in your title, not a late 2008 as stated in the body.

Thank fck for that. I was about to kill myself... I have exactly the same problem: I replaced screen a few months ago, but the screen I bought had a dodgy power cable for the inverter, so I have opened it and replaced it the the cable on my old broken screen.... it didn't work, so i started thinking that either the hard drive or the logic board were dead, as I couldn't get any signal on my external screen...

Did Apple ended up fixing yours? Mine is on a terrible state too... I really hope they did, cause I've just bought a car and I can afford to repair this or buy a new one...

Also, what did they say when you took it to the shop? I wanna be prepared tomorrow...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.