• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Putting own DVD's on to my mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Can I import my own DVD'd on to my iPad or my mini mac?
If so how do i do it?
Thanks
Pam

OP
E
Reaction score
Watching movies on ipad2

Hi
Can I put my own DVD's onto my iPad2?

If so how.

Cheers
Pam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
What do you mean by "my own DVD's"?

Are they DVDs that you created (say family or vacation video)? or are they DVDs that you purchased at the store etc?

If they are the former, then yes and I will explain how once you reply. If they are the latter then discussing it would violate forum rules.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads and moved to appropriate forum.

OP
E
Reaction score
DVD on to iPad 2

I want to transfer my own family DVD,s. Is it possible to put shop bought films on to iPad or do you have to download from iTunes.
Cheers
Pam

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your family DVDs that you made are unprotected and not copyrighted material, so yes, you can copy them to your iPad or anywhere else for that matter. However, purchased or commercial DVDs are protected by DRM and by US law can not be copied or ripped.

Please read our Sticky notice at the head of this forum about DVD ripping or copying.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Is it possible to put shop bought films on to iPad

To answer your question: Yes, it is most definitely possible.

Can we, on this forum, tell you how? no.

can the almighty Google tell you how? probably.

[of course, chscag is absolutely right in what he says. Breaking DVD copy protection is illegal.]

Reaction score
If your own family DVD, you can find such tool in Mac Software in Apple store, I remember there is an software which named Leawo DVD Magic. It can only rip the DVD without copyright-protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can use Handbrake - a free tool that will convert your Home made DVD to an M4V file that you can drag into iTunes and sync to your iPad

Reaction score
The best way to rip DVD's

The best software for ripping DVD's ...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The best software for ripping DVD's ...

...is not necessary since non-copyprotected DVDs don't require ripping and as was stated earlier in the thread, is not a topic open for discussion here at Mac-Forums.com.

But thanks for your input.

As to the original question in this thread.... asked and answered, so we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.