iPad Google Earth Not Responding

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
Just sits there and spins it's silly wheels. I checked for updates but nothing. Anyone else experience this?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I did not even know there was a google earth app for the ipad. I will check it out when I get home.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is and man is it awesome! I just fixed it. I deleted the app and re-installed, working fine now. I don't know why it just crapped out on me like that for no reason under the sun. Here are some main functions on how to move around in it with auto tilt and other features.
Navigating

You can navigate through this 3D view of the globe in several ways:

Pan Place one finger on the screen and drag it in the appropriate direction. You can also throw the view by flicking the screen quickly.
Zoom in
Place two fingers on the screen simultaneously and move them apart OR double tap the screen with one finger.
Zoom out Place two fingers on the screen simultaneously and move them together (pinch) OR double tap the screen with two fingers simultaneously.
Rotate Place two fingers on the screen and turn in the appropriate direction.
Look around Place two fingers together on the screen simultaneously and move them in any direction.
Tilt
Place two fingers together on the screen simultaneously and move them down. You can also tilt automatically.
Reset to north-up view
The compass shows your current heading.
Go to your location
More here: Google Earth User Guide for the iPad - Google Mobile Help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. Does not belong in "Switcher". It seems we're always moving your posts. Please read the forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll look at why that happened

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I see where I screwed up.....thanks for the tip....will try to prevent that in the future

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
One potential is lost Internet connection. I would check that first (wifi, 3G etc).

If that is all good I would try the following in this order:

1) shutdown the APP by doing the Home button double-click then holding the APP icon until you get the red minus sign. Use the minus sign to close it, then try it again
2) do a reset on your iPad. Hold down Home and Sleep buttons until you see the Apple
3) delete and reinstall the APP

If none of those work I don't know what to tell you.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did check internet connection....it was OK and I could go to other sites OK. I reinstalled it, working OK again . Thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.