Re-installing Mac OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Installing Mac OS X

Hello there,

I bought my MacBook Pro in October of 2010. It has been working fine, but recently it has been slowing down, giving some errors, crashing at times, but that's understandable because I use it a lot.

Anyway, I have three partitions, Macintosh HD, Boot Camp, OS X Lion Preview. I would like to remove all of them or like combine them all together into a single partition, format it, and install Snow Leopard.

Please tell me the easiest way to do so.

I already backed up all the data I need on my external drive. I'm thinking maybe restart the computer, boot into the Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD, run Disk Utility, delete Boot Camp + OS X Lion and then increase the space of Macintosh HD, erase all the data on it, and then install Snow Leopard.

I would also like to know which type of Partition works for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X Extended Journaled, ?, ?)

Would that work?

Thank you.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those are the format types of the partition I'm talking about:

screenshot20110709at513.png

Which one best fits?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The one with the checkmark!

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it. Thank you.

You can lock the thread if you'd like. I'm done with the installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.