iPad as a Drawing input to MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hello Folks,

I need your help!

I was wondering if there is a way that I can use an iPad 2 as an input device for free form drawing input to some sort of application on the MacBook.

This is in order to help a fellow student for a Video Conferenced interview where he has to draw specific diagrams for the interviewers.

My gut feeling says there is nothing like that out there, but I'd rather be sure.

Pretty much I am wondering if the iPad too can simulate a Wacom Bamboo Tablet.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers,

M

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Forgot about that app!

Is there a paint prush like application on Mac? I've never looked.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Forgot about that app!

Is there a paint prush like application on Mac? I've never looked.

Thanks for the tip. :)

There's a whole bunch, but nothing I've really used myself. There's a whole bunch on the Mac App Store. Autodesk has SketchBook Pro for example, and may be just what he needs. It's 60 bucks though, so if that's out of budget, then there's a lot else to be found. Actually they also have SketchBook Express for free. That may be good enough for his needs.

Other than using the iPad as a trackpad, he might be able to try using a VNC client on the iPad so he can see on the iPad what he is working on directly. When doing the presentation, he'd probably need to create his own wireless network via the Airport icon, then connect to that with the iPad. There are a lot of VNC clients on the App Store, though some are faster than others.

EDIT: I missed the part about video-conferencing. He shouldn't need to make his own wireless network if he's at home. If this isn't from home and on the school's wi-fi network, he needs to be sure he can connect his iPad wirelessly to the MacBook if the video conferencing is through the MacBook also. Well you know what I'm driving at.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a whole bunch, but nothing I've really used myself. There's a whole bunch on the Mac App Store. Autodesk has SketchBook Pro for example, and may be just what he needs. It's 60 bucks though, so if that's out of budget, then there's a lot else to be found. Actually they also have SketchBook Express for free. That may be good enough for his needs.

Other than using the iPad as a trackpad, he might be able to try using a VNC client on the iPad so he can see on the iPad what he is working on directly. When doing the presentation, he'd probably need to create his own wireless network via the Airport icon, then connect to that with the iPad. There are a lot of VNC clients on the App Store, though some are faster than others.

EDIT: I missed the part about video-conferencing. He shouldn't need to make his own wireless network if he's at home. If this isn't from home and on the school's wi-fi network, he needs to be sure he can connect his iPad wirelessly to the MacBook if the video conferencing is through the MacBook also. Well you know what I'm driving at.

Awesome, I just downloaded the SketchBook Express App. This might actually do the trick!

I'll let you know. I'd give you another +1, but the darn thing won't let me ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'll let you know. I'd give you another +1, but the darn thing won't let me

The system is designed to allow only so much good rep and then it tells you to spread it around. But I'm sure he appreciates you saying so. And so do we. :) Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Awesome, I just downloaded the SketchBook Express App. This might actually do the trick!

I'll let you know. I'd give you another +1, but the darn thing won't let me ;D

I keep running into that same problem.:Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.