2009 MacBook screen when black and won't stay on for longer then a few seconds...

Reaction score
I've had my Mid-2007 13-inch MacBook for about four years now and two days I finished my work and I slept it (I have to manually sleep it by pressing the power button because it doesn't automatically sleep when I close it). When I went to use it again only a few minutes later, I pressed the power button to wake it up and the screen came on and then immediately went black. I tried sleeping it, holding down the power and turning it back on, and taking battery out. Screen kept going black after a second or two. Eventually it worked again but today its doing the same thing. I've let it sit and I've taken the battery out, still no luck. I've never dropped it and never spilled anything on it.

Anyone have any guesses what's going on? All my warranties are expired and I'm guessing it's getting close to it's time. Hopefully someone has an answer...

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.